Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A room with a view

Somewhere in St. John's
Well although it is suppose to be spring in St. John's, there are still many chilly days and warm days are the exception.
When I started this watercolor, it was sunny but windy, and the wind here is cold. After an hour sitting there in the cold I decided it was to much and went home. I left the watercolor on the shelf for 2 weeks until I could come back and finish it.
I prefer to paint live rather than from a photo, and I prefer to do it in warm place.
So dear St. John's blog reader if you a have a nice room with a view that you can lend me for an hour or two (or 20 minutes if I just do a fast sketch) I would be very grateful!

3 comments:

  1. The cold must be twice as bad after your time here in the Middle East. (btw summer's arrived 44c) I hope you find some rooms to paint from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the addition of the brightly coloured sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece. Wonderful light and mood. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete