Monday, June 18, 2012

Bar Sketches

The bar Südblock is in  Kottbusser Tor. I went there  to watch a show. I had my sketchtools with me and I did some drawings.
Show
By sketching bars and nightclubs interiors I prefer to capture the mood of the place. Color bridges are also important. Here the neon yellow that connects the two opposite characters gives the painting a strong horizontality. The sketch with its very artificial colors pushed me to explore more this area so I decided to painted a bigger watercolor
Berlin Bar
For the bigger watercolor 68x48 cm I used watercolor Crayons (Neoart aquarelle- Caran D'Ache) to sketch the scene. I spray with water to make the color mix randomly on the paper and later I apply watercolor in many layers.
Night in Kottbusser Tor
I am very happy with result. I specially love the waiter in the background. He is the one that give depth to the painting.

4 comments:

  1. Very expressive work! I really like the layering in your larger piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colors are getting deeper and more intensive, I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the bigger watercolour for it's depth and colours. These bar pictures are quite a contrast to the UAE ones :)

    ReplyDelete