Thursday, December 27, 2012

Angel's share

I recently saw that movie. It is about some troubled kids, that stole some bottles of some expensive whiskey. In the film they explain that the angel's share is a term used in the manufacture of whiskey that refers to the amount of  whiskey that evaporates in the barrel as part of its normal elaboration process.
When I got some painting commissions I felt always a little pressure. In order to loose myself and be relaxing when painting, I use the following strategy: I will paint another extra painting, something where I can be free to experiment and play with colors.  For Xmas I got two paintings in commission and this the painting I did along them: "my angels share"

World Clock in Alexander Platz
The watercolor is based on a sketch done on a rainy day in Alexander Platz.  

1 comment:

  1. I like that expression "My Angels share" -- A wonderful watercolor!

    ReplyDelete