Monday, August 26, 2013

Comic layouts in Urban Sketching

Later I have been drawing using little boxes like in cartoons. It is something I am trying right now and it is quite useful. I got the idea after seeing one of Miguel Herranz (Barcelona) sketchbooks. I know his work for a long time but seeing one of his sketchbooks is something that strikes like an explosion: All those drawings at the same time, it is too much beauty and skills put together!  You don't find any bad drawings!

The cartoons windows are very useful in creating storytelling pages. I will start marking the corners with dots to have an idea of the limits of the layout. I don't really know at the beginning how it would look like. I will start drawing a line of the left side of the square  and then start drawing trying not to draw outside my imaginary box.  Sometimes my image is bigger so I continue drawing and do a rectangle instead of a square. Once the the first box is ready, that give me hints how to create a balanced layout. and I will do bigger boxes or a serie of smaller boxes, where I will draw details or thumbnails.

In letzter Zeit nutze ich kleine Kisten wie in Cartoons Layouts. Ich hatte die Idee nach ich Miguel Herranz (Barcelona) Skizzenbücher gesehen habe. Seit langer Zeit verfolge ich seine Arbeit. Aber wenn man seine Bücher blätter ist eine andere Erfahrung. Alle diese schöne Zeichnungen zusammen in ein Buch! Es gibt keine schlechte Zeichnungen!

Die Cartoon-Rahmen sind sehr hilfreich, um erzählerische Seite zu erzeugen. Am Anfang markiere ich nur die Ecken mit Punkte. Dann zeichne ich mit zwei Linien eine Ecke. Ich weiß nicht genau wie es am Ende aussehen werde. Während ich den Inhalt zeichne, verlängert ich die Rahmen Grenze. Wenn das erste Rahmen fertig ist, ist es leichter zu vorstellen wie die andere Rahmen Aussehen werden. Ich werde ein großer Rahmen oder eine Serie von kleine Rahmen wo ich einzelne Elemente zeichnete.
Theater: ein ganz gewöhnlicher Jude
The drawing above is from the play "Just an ordinary Jew",one of the events of the Jewish Culture days in Berlin, that I have been covering (and drawing) last week.

Das Bild oben ist von dem Stück "Ein ganz gewöhnlicher Jüde" aus den Jüdischen Kulturtagen in Berlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment